Six line wrasse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

c0mf0rt

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I picked one up today... I keep reading about all the great things these fish do... anyone have any experience with these???

Are there any fish I should avoid if I have one?

He's only 1.5" to 2", can I still add more fish or will he attack them??

I added mine to an established tank. The only issue was a damsel that kept after him. After about a month, he is not nearly harassed as much and in fact, finds time to chase the smaller of the 2 damsels around now. A very unsuspecting fish, cool to look at and has been known to munch the odd bristle worm here or there. They are jumpers, though I have no top on my tank, I have read people finding them on the floor.

I have had mine for about 6 months now, no problems with anyone picking on him. He holds his own, mine is shy.

I have one also. My tanks' 40gallon breeder. 2 false percs, a royal gramma, and the 6-line wrasse.
the gramma and wrasse play around. at first i thought it was aggression but when I watched more closely, there was no nipping or any contact...more like a simple game of 'chase me!'

Back
Top Bottom