Six Line Wrasse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kwan

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have just bought a six line wrasse and I think it is a great addition. I have done some research before purchasing and my understanding is that it is a peaceful fish. Although it might feed on unwanted pests on the LRs, I am not aware it is aggressive to inverts such as shrimps and other fish. However, my friend tells me otherwise. He thinks the six line will make meals out of my shrimps and is recommending me to return it. Has anyone had any experience with the six line?

I have one and love it.....he does not bother my inverts at all. enjoy!

I've seen some pretty agressive behavior with them and added one very cautiously to my eel tank. I've got the fish trap at the ready though if he starts picking on others in the tank. We'll see.

Well, I haven't seen any aggressive behavior. But the six line is only 1.5" long. He is getting some beating from my clarkii instead.

Mine leaves my 2" cleaner shrimp alone, but I put in 2 small peppermint shrimp. One lasted about 2 seconds before the 6-line grabbed it and pulled it into the rock, never to be seen again. The other peppermint got chased into the overflow, and now lives in my sump.

Some times the truth is not encouraging. But as others have stated they have not had a problem so wait and see what happens. Just be ready to act if needed.

melosu58 said:
AS he gets bigger he will take off after the two inch ones.

Heh, had no idea. Sounds like a livestock change is in my future! :D

I had an adult 6-line for 9 months with a peppermint, never bothered it. He did pester my hawkfish for a day when first introduced. Coolest fish I've ever owned, very personable. I miss him. :(

I also have 2 six lines without any aggression issues. Smart fish, one of them has figured out how to get in my coral feeding bottle and pig out.

I've had mine for one year. He hasn't been aggressive to any shrimp or inverts.

Mine is almost 2", I've had him for about 6 months, and I haven't noticed any problems with him and my peppermint shrimp. Although it does seem that I've lost one- I had 3, and for a couple of weeks now, I've only seen two in the tank.

But who knows what happened. I also have some uncaught hitch hiker crabs too.....

Even if he did have a problem with them, it's worth it. He's a great fish, and very pretty too!

Back
Top Bottom