Six-Line Wrasse Tank Mates in The Reef?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big Tex

Aquarium Advice Addict
so i just finished all my rock work and im pretty much down with all my equipment and sump setup, now im ready to add fish, all i have in the tank is a caramel clown, and a six-line wrasse from my previous tank, what other wrasse can i add to the tank? reef safe i assume, but some sights say some are and some say some arent, like the malenurus wrasse, and teh christmas wrasse, i would love to have one so colorful, thanks in advance guys, (y)

I added a fary wrasse to my tank which has a six line wrasse. I had to remove him because the six line nearly ripped him apart. Nasty little guys IMO.

It doesn't always come down to size in nature. A small damsel fish can terrorize a big angel. It really depends on the fish. But trying to catch him afterwards could be a pain.

I had to catch mine, used a 2 liter bottle with the top cut off and flipped around. Put some food Inside and let it sit. Took about an hour till he went in. I had to get mine out cause he was terrorizing a firefish and fairy wrasse. Funny thing he was fine until I added a foxface to the tank, then he went nuts on the other fish.

I had to catch mine, used a 2 liter bottle with the top cut off and flipped around. Put some food Inside and let it sit. Took about an hour till he went in. I had to get mine out cause he was terrorizing a firefish and fairy wrasse. Funny thing he was fine until I added a foxface to the tank, then he went nuts on the other fish.

Thats an odd story, I love my six-line I just hope he doesn't snap one day and start effin things up. So far he's very chill and laid back, but I wanna be careful.

Back
Top Bottom