Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-14-2011, 05:14 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeYQM View Post
My goby rarely goes beyond his burrow, and otherwise very peaceful tank. Are they jumpers?
My top is wide open and he has never once tried to jump,,i think as far as wrasses go they aren't known to jump as much as some others

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnelson99 View Post
I had planned on a diamond goby as my last fish. Should I be rethinking that? Since I added the 6 line I have added three blue/green chromis and a Kole Yellow Eye and the 6 line has never bothered anything in my tank.
I think you'll be able to add without any major issues,,the 6 line may go check him out ,but i don't think he'll be a problem..i added my goby after the 6 line too..the 6 line was my 3rd fish added at the time,,2 clowns were first ,,,(all still swimming and doing great)

FTMMWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:19 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTMMWS View Post

I think you'll be able to add without any major issues,,the 6 line may go check him out ,but i don't think he'll be a problem..i added my goby after the 6 line too..the 6 line was my 3rd fish added at the time,,2 clowns were first ,,,(all still swimming and doing great)
Thanks for the info. My wife would be upset if I told her she couldn't have the goby. LOL I figured I would have to talk her into it because he wasn't "Pretty" enough. She spotted it before I could point it out to her and "I want one of those". Just not looking forward to the sand all over the corals but what is one more thing to clean right?

Old 09-14-2011, 05:29 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have a 6-line in my 55 gal and he definitely explores every single inch of the tank everyday. I also have a yellow watchman goby and I have noticed some aggression from the 6-line towards the goby.
They went for months getting along fine together and then one day the 6 line was chasing the goby all over the tank obviously stressing him out. I have not seen it happen since so I have no idea what caused it.
It entirely depends on the fish. I would say go for it. I've only had a few incidences and would still get both fish.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:37 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

Does your goby have a burrow? Mine is paired with a pistol shrimp, so I would guess he would duck for cover rather than swim around the tank.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:04 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeYQM
Does your goby have a burrow? Mine is paired with a pistol shrimp, so I would guess he would duck for cover rather than swim around the tank.
He hides in a hole in the rock. But he spends a lot of the time sitting out in the open. I'm not sure why he decided to swim around the tank when he was chased. I think it was feeding time but I'm not sure.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:10 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

Well, I got the wrasse. smaller than I expected - smallest in the tank so should go well.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:10 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Activist

I currently have a sixline in quarantine ready to go into my 29g cube. I think every semi aggressive fish could bring problems but whats life without risk! From my research you will be pretty unlucky if things don't work out. Good luck.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:18 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeYQM
Well, I got the wrasse. smaller than I expected - smallest in the tank so should go well.
Good luck. Like I said it's only been a couple of times and they seem to be ok now. If I had to decide again I would still get both fish.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:53 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

My sixline is great with all my fish including a diamond goby. In fact it seems as though my sixline coaxes out the other fish into swimming around with him a lot more. He is always going around to different fish in the tank and then they start swimming around together.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:10 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLTGF
My sixline is great with all my fish including a diamond goby. In fact it seems as though my sixline coaxes out the other fish into swimming around with him a lot more. He is always going around to different fish in the tank and then they start swimming around together.
You don't think it is because he is saying"get out of my way,or else"?LOL

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com