Sixline & lawnmower?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mudzie

Aquarium Advice Freak
Are sixline wrasse safe in reeftank,what about compatibility with lawnmower blenny? 75gal with mixed lps and softies.

Sixline is reef safe and there would be no prob. housing it with a blenny.

There shouldn't be a problem. I say shouldn't because I have had 2 blennies my last one hates my clown fish with a passion laying in wait just to spring up and scare it. If there is food involved then there is real aggression shown. The other 2 fish in my 55 are safe.

Just be careful. Sixlines have a tendency to get very aggressive at times. I tried them twice before on various setups and both times they were model citizens at first. All the sudden a year later they went crazy. In one tank the little bugger took out all the other inhabitants. Very costly situation.

In the end, it all comes down to the individual personality of the fish and you never know what you are getting. It could work out perfect or it could be a mess with any fish, but be warned, sixlines can be evil hehe.

Ive heard that about some wrasses and mainly about six-lines, thats why im doin alot of research to make right move for maybe last fish for my reeftank . I like some of the gobies just dont know about covering the tank. Thanks..

I had to get a six line out of my tank a few months back. Would constantly go after my Yasha goby and tiger goby. I will say I loved that fish and he went to my LFS display tank. My suggestion is add the six line last Let all other fish establish territories then put six line in. I think that is your best bet for peace.

Remember they are hunting machines too and can deplete pod populations. So I also suggest well established tank before putting in.

By the way they are smart fish. Took me 3 weeks to catch him with multiple different traps.

Attachments

• image-1852853494.jpg
    image-1852853494.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 192
Agree with what was said earlier in regards to the aggression of the six-lines. Personally I avoid them, other wrasse types are just as good for pest control and do not become as aggressive. That said, the six-lines and most types of lawnmower blemmies will co-exist, and they occupy different areas of the aquarium.

Thats a nice trap same one i seen em using at local lfs. Thinkin about headin another direction than The six line. Think about lawnmower blenny, still have to consider covers for tank . Automatic feeder on the back,extra heater in the way??? Thanks

My LFS actually let me borrow that trap for week or so till I caught him. My six line was my 2 nd fish and he ruled the tank. I am not trying to deter you. They are very hardy and swim all over the tank and great to watch. I also had a lawnmower Blenny with him for awhile. They never bothered each other at all. The Blenny did eventually die tho. Ran out of good algae to eat I assume. If you still want to add six line just wait till he is last fish.

My six line and lawnmower blenny are fine together in my 72g. My 6line is not aggressive though, he actually was bullied by a dottyback in my QT, so dottyback went to LFS. It does swim with my clowns (they are very peaceful) and inbetween them and among them and their RBTA, so it is not timid. Since I've had him my blue assessor comes out more. The six line has taken food from the blenny, but the blenny is a hog.

I assume you have covers on your tank? Thats something i havent been thinking about with fish that are prone to jump.
Fish in my 75 with lps and softies are
1 clown
1 kole tang
3 pj cardinals
1 flame angel
All these fish get along great and i dont want any added stress at this point, so as one last fish, i would like something that would fit in and not jump out...
Thanks

I will be getting my 6 line next week. He will be my final addition to my tank. My tank has all the territories set up and all of my fish get along. My clown, royal gamma, and neon goby are the "3 best friends that anyone could have" of my tank. They hang out and swim together all day long. I just added a Chalk Bass and love it. He had a great hole to hide in until he was comfortable, and now he is hanging out in the front with everyone else. He's not a member of the wolfpack though.

I was looking at a chalk basslet last week at local lfs really cool fish but owner said if i liked the cleaner and fire shrimp i had that wouldnt be the wisest decision'.

...how big was that bass?! Mine isn't the biggest in the world...but then again none of the fish that I have in my 36 gal are...my royal gamma is the largest and he is only as long as my coral banded shrimp.

Good,maybe thats the way ill go. Could cover for a few weeks.

The basslet wasnt very big, but fish guy said that shrimp might be a meal anyway especially when they are molting???

Back
Top Bottom