sixline arrived with issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zenn

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I recieved this sixline from fishsupply.com yesterday. I immediatly noticed it has something wrong with it. Not happy. Hopefully it's nothing.

What is the mucusy, cloudy film type areas on the fish? There's a large spot of it just in front of his tail fin. But there seems to be little patches of it all over him. I saw him earlier pass a large white mass from his bowel. Is this an infection or just stress from shipping?

130742768.jpg

130742767.jpg

130742772.jpg

Could be either one, I see some missing scales and probably he's sheded some of his slime coating. These are pretty tough fish, keep the water quality high in QT tank and then treat if it becomes necessary.

came home to this tonight.
img_590992_0_8f70bf96fbe28e9b02267300a99e4066.jpg

I started MarcynII but i'm pretty sure it's too late.

he's barely alive. Pretty much already dead at this point. He arrived in this condition so i will be taking it up with the people at fishsupply.com. Not sure what killed him so if anyone has any ideas that would be nice. Maybe it was just the stress from shipping...but the mucus and the bowel movements make me think it was a parasite or infection.

I suppose i can't get a refund and if i want to get a replacement fish...i'll have to either pay shipping or wait till i order again from them:(

Call them and find out, save the body, they may want it for the refund. Every time I've had to have a fish replaced they have shipped it free.

Back
Top Bottom