size of light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fualku

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am converting my FW into SW with some LR. I need to get a light and i was looking at something like the Coralife Aqualights. I have a 45 gallon 36" tank. Should i get one that is 36" and therefore will end up being a little longer than the tank or can i get away with a 24" light. while writing this i noticed there is also a 30", but not all models are in that size. i have not even decided on a model yet.

thanks for the reply. that was my first concern, getting the length right. i want to get the biggest lights that will fit, just wasn't sure if the 36" was going to be to much. sounds like im good there. i plan on getting some LR and a few fish at first and then move into some corals. i want to make sure i get lights that will handle this this so i don't have to buy new stuff all over again. these lights arent cheap. i have been reading all over the forums and getting information, but is there a newbee guide anywhere here on lights? i have seen people taking about all these different types of lights and im trying to peice it all together. Actinic, 10K, and 50/50. i know about MH, but i don't think im going that far right now.

Back
Top Bottom