Skeleton showing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jinx

Aquarium Advice Regular
The LFS owner that I inherited my BioCube from gave me a call a few days ago. He is really trying to get rid of inventory before he relocates rather than move anything live. He was Impressed with my work on the tank I rescued from his shop and he said there were a couple corals that could use some saving. I bought a very discounted candy cane because it was the only one I believed was savable. So my lil candy cane coral has a few heads showing its skeleton. Will he be able to do a com back in those areas? Is there nothing I can do to help my lil fella along?

I would say put him in a low flow area.. I have a candy cane that was looking really bad with skeleton showing everywhere, thought It was gone.. Moved it to a low flow area and is now doing fine

Medium light and a lower flow. I literally thought my one candy cane was dead, then it came back and is vibrant...but another one right beside it withers away as we speak. They are an odd coral to say the least.

You don't need to feed your coral. It's showing the skeleton so its unhappy and protecting itself. Like the others have said, move it around and see if it starts getting better.

I had a few corals fade and show there skeleton, I've nursed them back.

I'd say but it on the sand bed, low flow and low light.

Back
Top Bottom