Skill testing questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Seaflowerkitty

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi there. I have a 1.5 gallon tank that I was going to use for a couple of guppies, but decided against it. It just a little plastic mini-bow tank. Is it possible to use it for a quarantine tank for when I get a coral from a place that I'm not sure about their corals. I wouldn't shop there, except the LFS that I usually deal with doesn't have a lot of choice when it comes to their coral frags. I have limited funds right now, or I would buy some larger frags for my 12 gallon tank.:huh: Also, I have a couple of blue mushroom corals that have attached themselves to a piece of live rock - unfortunately one has attached itself to one side of the rock and the other has attached itself to the other side of the rock. Both mushrooms have shrivelled up. I have some red mushrooms that seem to be doing just fine and a green mushroom that floated around and attached it self to the back of another large piece of live rock. That one isn't as inflated as it used to be, but it hasn't shrivelled up like the other two. My long-awaited question is, can I simply use a x-acto knife and cut them off the rocks and let them float around again until they find a better home? I have tried moving the rock with the two mushrooms around, but it doesn't seem to matter much. :confused: Suggestions? :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom