Skimmer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tbkopp

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hell there. Ive started my 30 gallon reef tank roughly a week ago and began the cycle process by dropping in a piece of raw shrimp. Im wanting this tank to contain mainly corals and LR. Right now i have roughly 15-20lbs in the tank and i am fairly new to the hobby and suggestions on a skimmer. Do I need one?

actually 30 and smaller don't need skimmers as long as you do water changes on a regular basis , I ran a 37 bow front with out one and it did fine as long as you don't over stock with live stock and feed a lot you'll be ok , but in time you'll want to get one anyway as you expand , they do help extract all the stuff the filtration misses the stuff that looks like a oil slick floating

Yeah i plan on upgrading for sure. Right now I am in a apartment so i didn't wanna go to big due to proper flooring to hold the weight. I have a 3inch sand bed is it true that the more LR i have the better the filtration?

Sent from my SM-G360P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom