SKIMMER

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

noelskii

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i currently have a seaclone 100 (it is customized for in-sump) for my 54gal corner reef.....its working fine [i guess]. im thinking of upgrading it jes because i hear bad reviews about it...i need some recommendations on a decent skimmer for my size tank...thanks!!

If what you have is fine than I would stick with what is working. If it aint broke dont fix it. I know others say it`s not that great but experience counts for something. Good Luck.

...i need some recommendations on a decent skimmer for my size tank...thanks!!
Seaclones are far from the best skimmers out there. When I upgraded to an Aqua-C Remora I was amazed by what a "good" skimmer can do. I got the amount of skimmate in a couple days what would take two weeks+ for the seaclone to remove. Needless to say the tank water got much clearer. An Aqua-C Urchin or Urchin pro, depending on your sump size etc., would do quite well on that size tank. A good investment IMO/IME.

Ditto for me, what MT79 said. I used to run the Seaclone and I'd empy the skimmer cup probably twice a month. With the Aqua-C Remora I empty the skimmer cup ever 3-4 days. It's awesome.

The seaclone is alright..but if you are looking for better then Aqua-C is my suggestion. :)

I have used the Seaclone in the past with pretty good success. It is fussy and has a long break-in period. But it did work. That said, I also agree there are much better skimmers available. Upgrading is never a bad idea if you have the cash and want to make a change. If you are happy with how things are now, why bother.

I had the SeaClone and had the same problem. You would get it tuned in and then two days later you would have to retune it. Now, I have the Euro-Reef CS8 and it works amazingly.

Well IMHO there are none better then the Euro-Reefs!! I was just making the point that if you have something working for you don't jump the gun to replace it for replacing it's sake.....I agree you will get much better results with a better skimmer though!!

Back
Top Bottom