Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-19-2014, 10:54 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Skimmer choice

Hi all,

I'm looking for a new skimmer. I have a 1000litre reef tank with approx. 300 litre sump with 12000 return pump.

I'm from Australia and was originally going to purchase the SRO XP 5000 internal which was able to handle approx. 500g (1800l) although I'm having a bit of trouble trying to get this skimmer within Australia as it only really is sold in America.

I've found the Australian equivalent which is called Octopus Blaster 5000 Internal Super Skimmer.

link: Octopus Blaster 5000 Internal Super Skimmer

It says it can only handle up to 1200 litres but it looks practically the same and uses the same pump. Is there any reason this skimmer can handle 600 litres less? or is it just that America over qualify their skimmer or Australia under qualify them?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

View my 265g DIY tank so far
alco1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 10:56 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Can't go wrong with a Remora Urchin

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Frankie_Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com