Skimmer down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amosora

Aquarium Advice Activist
Huge problem my skimmer broke down. How many days do i have :-( what can i do for the meantime? I'm so upset

Keep an eye on the parameters and do a PWC as needed cut back a bit on the feeding as this will help to keep the nitrAtes in line

Keep feeding to a minimum so you don't get any more nutrients in your system other than the fish waste.
If I was you I would do regular small water changes 10% till you can replace the skimmer. How big is your tank? The bigger it is the more stable it will be in times like this. If it's a Nano than you will need to keep a very close eye on things while the skimmer is down.
I find the Aqua Medic Turboflotor Blue 1000 a very good skimmer FYI if your looking for a replacement.
If your only aeration is the skimmer and you don't have surface movement you should also add an airstone in sump or in main tank away from any corals.....

Thanks a lot guys. I have 50g DT & 30g sump. I already did pwc. I have a lot of water currrent though

Back
Top Bottom