Skimmer for 10 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maridia

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 10 gallon FOWLR and LS. 1 black and white ocellaris, 2 hermit crabs, and 1 snail. I'm using 2 hob power filters, and 2 power heads in the tank. What would be a good skimmer for a 10 gallon? HOB? IT? Thanks

If you do your water changes you really dont need a skimmer in a tank that size. If you really want one though i would recommend a hydor slim skim nano, though you will give up a piece of your tank to have it in there.

If you do your water changes you really dont need a skimmer in a tank that size. If you really want one though i would recommend a hydor slim skim nano, though you will give up a piece of your tank to have it in there.

Agreed.... for just a FOWLR, you don't need to keep your water "polished". Since you only have one fish, regular pwc's will keep up on the export of excess nutrients. On the other hand, if you really want one, the slim skim is a decent skimmer for it's size.
You really should consider a larger tank at some point in the near future. Clowns can get surprisingly large, and are recommended to be in a minimum of a 20g tank. I've got about a 2" Ocellaris in a 28g, and I couldn't imagine him being in a 10g.... he likes to swim around way too much.

Thanks for all the answers. I'll look into that

Back
Top Bottom