Skimmer help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Patrick93

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys I'm new to AA but it's a awesome site I need to get a skimmer for my 80 gallon reef tank I want a reef octopus because I heard tons of good info about them but there are lot of them out there could someone list some good ones that maybe you guys used before

Hi! Welcome to the forum!

the only advice i can give you is to go for double the rated tank size. ie: get a skimmer rated for 150g tank. octopus comes highly regarded and there are soo many of them to choose from. lol

here's a link that has most of the skimmers and their footprint so you can see if it will fit in the sump section you have.

Protein Skimmer, Protein Skimmers, Aquarium Marine Reef Foam Fractionators

Best i can do....lots of people here use the octopus ones so maybe they will chime in as the day goes on... :-D

Thank you for the quick reply and I will look at those

Aquacave has tons skimmers on it and lots of other cool stuff hope that helps

Check out the link above. ;-)

Most every online retailer with fish gear and hardware will sell them. marine depot, foster and smith, aquacave, bulk reef supply.....

I have found aquacave to be the best seller though, they will also price match anything you find elsewhere. :)

Do you have a sump? Are you thinking about getting an in sump skimmer, or a Hang on the Back? I've done plenty of research and it seems the in sump skimmers do a much better job for the buck. Take a look at this model if you decided to go for an in sump skimmer.

Reef Octopus 4

Take a look at the Octopus 4 in the link i mentioned. Should be good for what you're looking for.

Back
Top Bottom