Skimmer help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Try unhooking 1 of the clear tubes from that black piece. I don't believe the pump is getting the air it needs if both are connected. The way the Venturi pump works, is that a clear airline sucks air in, and the pump mixes it with the water being pumped in, this creating bubbles. If both those lines are connected to the pump, there is an inability to suck air in....

Thanks for all the help I believe after dozen or so tries I finally have it working. Very strong so has tons of bubbles blowing into tank so will have to work on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It will break it over a few weeks. Put it on the driest skim possible (collection cup all the way up) for a couple weeks as it breaks in the bubbles will subside. You can also look for some sort of foam piece to put on the outlet to act as a bubble diffuser. the newer models come with them so if you go on coralvue's website you may be able to purchase it. Glad to see it's working out for you!

Back
Top Bottom