skimmer help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

i have crabs

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have a pryzm skimmer wich i know is not the best but when i got it a year ago it was collecting crap all the time but hasnt been for a while ive tryed to clean it out but can only get so far into the thing
i was just wondering if i should be using somethin to clean it with like soap or some chemicals cause its not doin anything

Never ever use soap. You can use bleach and water to soak it , then use a dechlorinator and water to decontaminate it.Can you not get a tube brush into it?

i didnt think soap was a good idea even if its rinced well ive cleaded it with brushes before but not great results

but i did find somethin on another website sayin to clean the neck and the part on the collection cup the bubbles go through so i brushed it good with a toothbrush and it seems to helped alot its acually skimming now it also sayed products like stresscoat leave a film that hampers quality but im on tapwater so the water purifier/stresscoat stayes

Prime is a conditioner/dechlorinator that has a stresscoat but does not cause overactivation of skimmers. Says so right on the bottle and I have been using it for several months and my skimmer problems(overflow, bubbles etc)have stopped.

Back
Top Bottom