Skimmer help needed!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sgc1107

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just got a used precision marine bullet 2 and I have NO idea how to set this up! Where does the water flow in and out? Completely lost lol! Hoping someone here can help me! Keep in mind I've only been in this hobby since September 2012, still learning!

Ok as i see it the water will enter where the air valve is (that will be the vertical pipe) It will need to be fed by external pump The pipe that exits the bottom of the skimmer (horizontal pipe) is the return to the sump. I see what you mean by the manual :facepalm: That skimmer is a beast, i hope you get it running. Can you post a pic of it?

Ok as i see it the water will enter where the air valve is (that will be the vertical pipe) It will need to be fed by external pump The pipe that exits the bottom of the skimmer (horizontal pipe) is the return to the sump. I see what you mean by the manual :facepalm: That skimmer is a beast, i hope you get it running. Can you post a pic of it?

Me too! I contacted precision marine by email and heard back from a man named mike, on a Saturday!!! Now that's great customer service! He told me to compile a list of questions and he'll gladly answer them for me! So nice of them to help me when I didn't buy it directly through them! It will be Going in my 150gl I'm build im working on now! I still have to pick a pump to use, it came with mag12 but I dont think thats enough gph from what I've been reading! Here's the beast....

Attachments

• image-2909650777.jpg
    image-2909650777.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 86
Ok that helps, the dirty water feeds in on the right then gets skimmed and returns from the pipe with the valve on it The tube on the skimmer cup is a drain you may want to cap it off. The valve is on the return so you can adjust the height of the water in the skimmer with the under powered mag 12. And how cool is PM? Now that's customer service (y)

Ok that helps, the dirty water feeds in on the right then gets skimmed and returns from the pipe with the valve on it The tube on the skimmer cup is a drain you may want to cap it off. The valve is on the return so you can adjust the height of the water in the skimmer with the under powered mag 12. And how cool is PM? Now that's customer service (y)

Do you think the mag 24 can handle it or should I go for an external bigger pump? Suggested is 1200gph. The mag12 is 1200gph so maybe it would work! What do you think?

After reading I found this article about its construction! Amazing information here! Plus one of the main designers is Mike... The guy who emailed me!!! They should have a link on their site for this..... Enjoy

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2002-03/fm/

Thanks for the link, good read. I think the mag 12 will work just fine, you can always upgrade later if needed.

Back
Top Bottom