Skimmer necessary for 20gal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weekf

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have 2 ocellaris clowns, 1 toadstool, a pair of xenia, 1 torch coral, 1 brain coral, 1 daisy, some zoos in my 20gal. Currently I am using Prizm and it is making too much noise and I was wondering if my tank can go skimmerless.

I have been doing water change EVERY week never missed. Changing 15% of water. Tank has been set up for 6 months now and everything is great except that skimmer is making too much noise.

Do you guys think I can go skimmerless?

Thanks.

Depending on how much LR you have, with frequent water changes like you say your doing it can be done.

Well my skimmer is sort of not skimming much. The water in the collection cup seems kind of clear not as dark. So I think it is not doing its job very well too.

I think I will take it away for a few weeks and see how things go. But due to the fact that mine is a 20gal I was worry thing will go out of control very fast and crash. That's the last thing I want it happen.

But if things not going very good I will put the skimmer back on but won't be a Prizm for sure.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Well, the better the skimmer the bigger bioload ur tank can handle. Plus im sure ur gonna upgrade to a bigger tank very soon (im psychic). So why not trade that prizm for a decent/big skimmer and u might be able to use it on ur upcoming big tank :D

Back
Top Bottom