Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-20-2004, 08:16 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist
skimmer not working

Ok, As some of you know I'm a new seaclone owner. It was putting a lot of bubbles in the tank ,but was foaming and pulling protien out. It settled down after about 4-5 days and stopped spitting bubbles into the tank. All was well then I emptied the cup after about 6 days (3/4 full) I rinsed it a little, and put it back. Now it is not pulling any protien out. (it has been a couple of days with no water collecting in the top) I looked it over and everything seems to be working.......I'm really new at this so I don't even know where to start. Any ideas or is there a link to any articles? I could call their customer helpline

Lindsikins00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 12:29 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via Yahoo to Fishboy-from-NY
I would tyr adjusting it since the skilmmer I have I adjust it once in a while when I clean it.

Fishboy-from-NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 07:15 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
Have one myself, it was working great until I decided I needed to clean the intake pre-filter. It went crazy with the bubbles in the tank for about 2 hours then settled down. It then took about anothe day to start foaming again.

In any case, check this link for a good set of setup and fine tuning instructions:

55g Reef
(3) Maxi-Jet 1200's, Wavemaker Pro
AquaC Remora Skimmer
100lbs Live Rock
20g Refugium
(1) Scarlet Cleaner Shrimp
(1) Peppermint Shrimp
(2) False Percs
(1) Orchid Dottyback
(1) Lawnmower Blenny
(1) Flame Angel
(1) Spotted Mandarin
(1) Red Brittle Star
(1) Banded Serpent Star

"But then again, fish do tend to eat one another. I often wonder ... if fish get awfully tired of seafood? What are your thoughts Hobson?"
gear-head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 09:48 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
I would not worry about it. I had the same skimmer and it did the same thing when I cleaned it. After you clean it, plug it back in and let it run with the valve closed for a while. It will need to "break in" for a little bit. Do not be afraid to clean the intake sponge. This should be done on a regular basis so it does not contribute to a nitrate problem. Good luck...Lando
lando is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com