Skimmer Problem..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ericosuave

Aquarium Advice Regular
My Red Sea Prizm skimmer is returning all these small little bubbles back into the tank.. it looks very ugly.. the bubbles are very very small but there is alot and it hasnt gone away for like 2 days.. the first week, the skimmer was doing fine and the water looked clear and perfect.. but now all those bubbles are floating around..

any ideas on how to fix this?!
Thank you in advance!

Here use this link, I think it will solve your micro-bubble problem. It is a link to another forum where someone had the same exact problem. Hope this helps. Good luck.

i think i need to do another water change.. whats the best way to skim the surface of the water? it has some buildup such as groups of bubbles. what is the easiest/cheapest way to skimm the surface?

You probably have the water flow too high if it is carrying micro-bubbles back into the tank. The prizm flow can only be opened a little bit before this occurs. This also can occur as Kevin mentioned where it will be working and then when you add something it overskims and produces a wet foam and micro-bubbles.

did you add stress coat in your tank?

i did this once and the micro bubbles would not leave. it seems very similar.

hth

mark

Back
Top Bottom