Skimmer problem....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gooyferret

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I cant figure out and have searched all over to find if theres anywhere that would tell me how to setup a skimmer correctly. I have all it up and running just cant figure out how many bubbles i should have in there. I have a SeaClone 100 skimmer. Any thoughts?

Here's how I set mine...no guarantees that this is correct though. Cut the air off all the way. Start opening it up until you get a tight swirl of air/water up the center tube. This should break up at the top and the fine bubbles should go at least 75% of the way down the outside tube. If the water movement almost stops and you are getting large bubbles, you have too much air. Mine is set so that water flow through the skimmer is cut about 50% from where it is with no air at all. You will get bubbles back into the tank with the SeaClone for quite a while. Mine has never completely quit doing that. The SeaClone isn't the best skimmer out there, but I have to admit that my puffer tank looks a lot better since I added one to it. Once it starts working...pulling skimate...I would clean the cup at least every other day. I hope I haven't made this more confusing than it was to start with.
BTW, I'm thinking a surface skimmer/return bubble trap would increase the efficiency of this skimmer a lot...probably have to DIY it though. I wonder if the one for the Aqua C Remora would work?

i have the same skimmer it does take a few days at first before you see the bubbles (normal) and as said above turn the air all the way on.... then all the off then 3/4 to one full turn back on you will see the tornado then sit back and relax it will work for you a whole lot better than none at all

just my 2 cents

Back
Top Bottom