Skimmer producing bubbles!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

method0075

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have the seaclone 100 and just installed it. It appears to be running fine but it is producing alot of very very tiny bubbles making the water appear almost murky like the sand bed was sturred up, it wasn`t . Anyway is this normal do I change a setting. Any advice would be awesome I`m a neb so sorry if this seems like a dumb question.

Oh yeah Ten gal tank

First, the skimmer takes a couple of weeks to break in. Second, if you use a slime protecting chem in your water it will cause this. Use Prime instead. Third, why do you need a skimmer in a 10g tank? Seaclones are notorious for being a bad choice. However there are people who have had success with them. They need to be adjusted constantly at first and after every cleaning. If you use the slime protecter chems, they will produce micro-bubbles(like you have) and they will also overflow badly because of it(chem). Run it for a couple of weeks with no air to break it in, then slowly adjust the air till it is in the right position in the cup(according to manufacturers instructions). Then just be ready to adjust it a lot for a few days or weeks. Also if the tank is new, don't expect much skimmate in the cup for a while, there probably isn't much gunk in a new tank. With a 10g tank frequent water changes are much more important than skimming. A 10g water parameters can change drastically in a very short time.

I have a AquaC remora and had/have the same problem. I don't think mine is adjustable. After two months, it still gives off bubbles but I fit a sponge at the outflow and it pretty much took care of it.

Back
Top Bottom