Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-04-2012, 02:15 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist

I am having Micro bubbles problems. And I tried it and i have to mod the tube it's not strong enough to push the water.

Old 01-04-2012, 02:19 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

The water coming out of the skimmer isn't strong enough to push the water over and down so I'm gonna mod the pipe that is going down in the sump

Old 01-09-2012, 01:15 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Can you post a picture of your sump?
Old 01-09-2012, 01:22 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3210488896.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	69812

Bubbles are killing me..
Old 01-09-2012, 01:39 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

If I understood your original plan, it was to run the output of the skimmer to one of the elbows meant to be a skimmer intake. Unless you raised the skimmer immensely, even if the pump was strong enough you'd be spewing water out of the top of the skimmer.

That looks to be a Coralife skimmer. I have the 65 model in use as a HOB. I can't quite make it out, but I imagine that your return pump is in the same compartment as the skimmer. I would get a foam prefilter block to put on the skimmer output which will cut down on the bubbles, and another (if you can) for the return pump intake. I think this will be the simplest solution to your problem. Mine does make some microbubbles as a HOB, particularly after a good cleaning, but nothing that's intolerable. However, my output runs through a little box with foam blocks in it to diffuse the microbubbles.

I can't tell if your skimmer output is below the waterline of your sump or above. I think if it is just above with the foam filter it might work best. In any case, the foam block on the output is where'd I start to see what happened and you can alter the depth of the output to tweak it.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:48 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

Now that I see the picture, I know exactly what you're talking about now.

I was one click away from buying that really versatile sump! I've heard very good things about that aqueon sump, but Ive also heard people complain about the microbubble problem with the skimmer behind at the end of the line. That's the main reason I went with the Eshopps fuge. Then again, that has it's problems too!

I also used to have one of those coralife skimmers and mine threw out a lot of bubbles as well. I've heard of people using a sock instead of the bubble box diffuser that comes with the unit. Have you tried a sock with some floss in it?
Old 01-09-2012, 01:58 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Activist

This is a top view. I tried moving the the foam around in the box I moved the box up down left and right.still have lil

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3558349771.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	69817

bubble problems.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:58 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Activist

Thanks for the help by the way
Old 01-10-2012, 08:19 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Are the microbubbles coming from the bottom of the box or coming over the top? I can't tell from the pic if the bottom of the box is in the water, and I'm unsure if I'm looking at foam in the box or filter material. I use a couple of foam blocks intended for an Aquaclear filter in mine, and the top of my box is just slightly above the water level of the tank.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:31 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice Activist

Bubbles come out the bottom. And I'm using 2 different kinds of foam pads. Im gonna try to adjust the hight like you did. Wish me luck

Tags
skimmer

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com