Skimmer question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

b3noodles

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok all here goes again...We turned off the bacpack skimmer for 48 to let the red slimer remover medicine work. We turned it back on last night and have alot of bubbles in the tank and also the collection cup has been emptied 3 times today alone..only no yucky stuff like before just basically water. Any suggestions as to why or whats worng with it? I appreciate any suggestions! Thanks Sue!

well the instructions said to leave it off for 48 hrs so we did. If the skimmer is pulling the med out how long till my skimmer runs right again? Thanks Sue

Sue,
I haven't used the Red Slime remover but the other stuff for the same job - Chemi Clean, I think.
Basically the instructions for how long to leave the skimmer off for this stuff are very conservative. These skimmers react to the slightest change in water chemistry and using stuff like this makes a big change. My Berlin Turbo goes crazy even if I change carbon or RowaPhos.
Give it time, try turning it on in another 24 hours but expect to empty the cup a few time relatively quickly until it settles down.
HTH.
Andy.

Back
Top Bottom