skimmer question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lando

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a pro-clear 150 sump with an incoorperated skimmer. This system has been set up for around three months. In the begining it skimmed like crazy. However, over the last months or so the collection cup has failed to fill with anything. I checked the pump and it seems to be working fne. Cany anyone think of any reasons for the loss of production? All parameters are good...Temp 80, SG 1.024, ph 8.2, amonia 0, nitrite 0, and nitrate is 2 all using the SeaChem marine kit. The only change is a small nitrate increase. It was at zero for a long time. The skimmer is running at wide open and still nothing. Thanks! Lando

80 lbs LR, Purple tang, 2 percs, coral beauty, copperband, yellow wathcman and royal gramma. shrimp, snails, crabs, RBTA and lots of corals. I tend to feed on the light side. It is a 72 gal BF with 20 gal sump and 3 inch LS bed.

the input on the venturi seems to be fine. I do not add any chemicals to my tank at all. Maybe the waste level is just low?

My goal is ten gal every other week, sometimes goes to three weeks between water changes.

Back
Top Bottom