Skimmer question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
Has anyone ever used in there tanks the “Prime” product? Its sort of like Stress Coat. Ever since I added the “Prime” product, as far as I can tell my skimmer isn’t producing as much waste. I have the Aqua C Hang On version. I have cleaned out the injection hole so this isn’t it. Also I have tanken the Mag pump off and cleaned it as well…As far as I can tell I have 0 trates so don’t know what to think. I have also adjusted the skimmer WAY down to make it want to produce more and it doesn’t. I get maybe ¼ of an inch if that per week.
Also in conjunction I have been adding Vitamin C too. Don’t know what these would do….
Thanks

I try to avoid adding chemicals, seems to be a receipe for disaster from personal experience.

Before i changed to R/O water, I used Prime to dechlorinate (it's primary purpose. slime coat enhancment is a side effect).
I still collected skimmate in the collection cup.

Any kind of water dechlorinator can disupt the surface tension of the water making the skimmer run flat. Also if you have very little bio load you may not see much skimate.

What should I do if anything to remove the Prime stuff? Carbon? so no one uses this or any other chemicals for fish?

Back
Top Bottom