Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-02-2003, 08:09 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Send a message via AIM to wanderer90
skimmer question (bubbles)

Hi everyone,

ok just put a protien skimmer in the sump of my wet/dry filter. the skimmer drains into the sump but there are a lot of bubbles going in and the pump for the filter is taking the bubble into the tank. there aren't a lot of micro-bubbles but some. is this ok for the tank mates or is there a way to stop this?

TIA, Leo

wanderer90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 08:14 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
for my skimmer , too get rid of the little bubbles i have too lower the flow rate

e-cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 08:55 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
I believe it is normal for most skimmers to produce microbubbles the first few days or so. Give it some time to see if it settles down.

In the meantime, make sure it is adjusted properly.
Biggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 01:50 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Bubbles in tank

If you can double up the filter pad, if this is the type of skimmer you have do that, dont double up the carbon if that is what you have , just double up the filter pad, it will stopp more of the bubbles from entering the tank.

I run my protien skimmer only at night and it has has no ill effects on my tank. Everything is ok the bubbles have not bothered anyone in the tank. And all levels are fine.

Just giving out ides that have worked for me. I have had a 55 gallon in the past for numerous years, now I have a 30 gallon, but plan on getting back into the big tank again after I get a house.
Nemo are you lost or just running around?
Jeb and Fude are waiting. (clowns) Ya what's your fish name?.....Fish? ... -Fude-
HA ha.
GreatDeep is offline   Reply With Quote

bubble, bubbles, skimmer

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com