skimmer question (bubbles)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wanderer90

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone,

ok just put a protien skimmer in the sump of my wet/dry filter. the skimmer drains into the sump but there are a lot of bubbles going in and the pump for the filter is taking the bubble into the tank. there aren't a lot of micro-bubbles but some. is this ok for the tank mates :roll: or is there a way to stop this?

TIA, Leo

I believe it is normal for most skimmers to produce microbubbles the first few days or so. Give it some time to see if it settles down.

In the meantime, make sure it is adjusted properly.

Bubbles in tank

If you can double up the filter pad, if this is the type of skimmer you have do that, dont double up the carbon if that is what you have , just double up the filter pad, it will stopp more of the bubbles from entering the tank.

I run my protien skimmer only at night and it has has no ill effects on my tank. Everything is ok the bubbles have not bothered anyone in the tank. And all levels are fine.

Just giving out ides that have worked for me. I have had a 55 gallon in the past for numerous years, now I have a 30 gallon, but plan on getting back into the big tank again after I get a house.

Back
Top Bottom