Skimmer Recommendation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

robertfah

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all,
I've got a 155g tank with a 55g sump and my tank load is 6 fish (3 Yellow tangs and 2 Perc. Clowns) and various crabs and other inverts. My Berlin Skimmer crapped out on me this weekend and I need another one. I've got 2 in mind and would like opinions/suggestions on these or others that may be better.

I plan to have about 200lbs of LR in it eventually and would like my skimmer to be external.

Euroreef Skimmers and AquaC

From what I've read, Euroreef skimmers are pretty expensive, but great quality. MY only beef with them is for their RC180 (external) is over 800 bucks!

The AquaC seems cheaper, but not too sure b/c I've never heard of them or know anyone who's got one.

Any help that you guys can give me on this would be greatly appreciated.

TIA!

I use an Excalibur skimmer. The pump went out the other day but I bought another one. Good Skimmer

I have a aquaC running on my 55gal reef heavy tank, works great.

Euroreef and deltec are over priced, i've used both.

If you're looking at Euroreef, check out ASM Skimmers. They are the same design, and work the same - but, made from thinner plastic (just don't drop it).

I recently upgraded to an ASM G3 and it has made all the difference in the world. I highly recommend it, and they're much cheaper than the Euroreefs.

- Skins

I have a Euro Reef CS6-2+ on my 120, and an ASM Baby-G on a 29. I had a small problem with the Euro Reef a while back, and their customer service was horrible. Go with the ASM, it's cheaper and works just as good. I know from experience.

Back
Top Bottom