Skimmer suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aneata

Aquarium Advice Regular
My skimmer died after only 6 months. It's was a Eshopps PK75H HOB. My boyfriend bought it at the suggestion of the LFS without researching or comparing products. Grrr now I have to replace it.

Any suggestions for a HOB skimmer for a 72 gallon tank.

Needs to be able to ship to Canada.

There isn't very much out there that will handle your water volume and hang on the back that I would recommend. I'm thinking a Coralife Super Skimmer 125 would be better than what you had.

Any way to add a sump to this system? I have never had a HOB skimmer but a lot of people seem to like the red sea HOB skimmers.. give those a look maybe?

Check out reef octopus like mr.x it's the bh1000,bh2000,bh90. I looked at those for my 40g until I got the aquamaxx hob-1 rated for a 75g because of the pump it has in it

I meant aadair22 sorry to both mr.x and aadair22

No worries. The reason I didn't mention octos, which are very good, is because of the water volume. I always suggest a skimmer rated for 1.5 to 2 times your total system volume. The skimmer the OP had previously was definitely under powered. The SS125 can be mesh wheel modded for more efficiency, and I think it's a decent choice for a 72 (not to be confused with the ss65. This skimmer I would not recommend).

Back
Top Bottom