Skimmer Suggestion's???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

revhtree

Aquarium Advice Addict
I finally got my sump set up last night, and it's running great. I have a seaclone 150(i know) that I have had for about 7 months running in the tank. The tank is 75g reef. The seaclone (i know) has an option to sit in the sump, but now I would like something better. The sump is 23g and I have right at 20gallons in it. So that is 95g of water to get clean.

I was wondering what kind of in sump skimmer would you suggest. I dont want overkill, because of the money part, but on the other hand I want something that will do the job. Any suggestions? :wink:

PS. I want a skimmer that has a pump already with it. I also would like one that I dont have to plumb into the sump lines. Is that possible? TIA!

I've been happy with my EuroReef ES5-3 - 9x9" footprint and comes with Sedra 3500 pump. Its quiet, and efficient. (Tho not cheap!....)

Only thing I'd note is that with the copius amounts of bubbles this thing generates you will need one more baffles to keep them from going up into your display tank.

Its rated for a 90, and I'm using it in my sump under my 90 with great results. I believe EuroReef is one company who has accurate tank-size ratings for their equipment.

hth

Nate C

I would also look at the ASM or the Euroreef. Another option might be an Aqua C Urchin Pro with a Mag 3 pump.

For a 75 reef i would do the Euroreef ES5-3 or a EV120. The EV 120 also has the option of external mounting while the euro is an in sump only!

I have Aqua C Urchin Pro with the Mag 3 in my sump in a 75G FOWLR. The skimmer is great and I would highly recommend it. Definitely get the Mag 3 pump though.

I've had a Turboflotor 1000 for about 2 months now. It works great with a OceanRunner 7500 circulating pump and a Rio 600 supplying the water. It only cost me about $200 new.

Back
Top Bottom