skimmers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scuba_steve

Aquarium Advice Addict
i own 2 seaclone skimmers and it seams to me that the one in the sump (70gal)with the water level only covering half the skimmer that it seams to do a much better job than the other which is hanging on the back of the tank(55gal) !!! one wondering why for one they both were used with the same fish load but the one now in the sump pulls out twice the amount the other ever did hanging on the back !!! is this typical ?¿?

also is there a way to keep the foam from coming out the top hole ?¿? the cup isnt even 1/3 full and it bubbles out the top !!

i know im an idiot but what is a kudos?¿? and why do i show 21 of them heheh and is there medication for it hehehe

Kudos is just a cool little points thing on the site, the more posts, the more you get.

the more posts, the more you get.

Others can also donate them to you and you can donate to them.
Click here to read more about Kudos

one wondering why for one they both were used with the same fish load but the one now in the sump pulls out twice the amount the other ever did hanging on the back !!! is this typical ?¿?

It is typical of a hang-on skimmer that does not incorporate a surface skimming overflow box. The reason is does so much more in the sump, is because your sump is fed surface skimmed water. DOC's accumulate on the surface of the water, therefore the water in the sump, will have a higher concentration of DOC that the water a few inches down in the main tank.

also another thing that could contribute to the increased waste collection in the 70 gallon skimmer is simply because it is on a bigger tank.

Back
Top Bottom