Skimmers, overflo tanks and lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saltwaterfishgirl

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ve been reading on sump tanks and overflow tanks. So my question is an overflow tank pretty much has the media found in the canister i saw on the one set up. So if i make these can these take the place of a canister or is it recommended to have both?

Also at what tank size is a protein skimmer needed?

What is the best book resource for learning which marine fish get along together?

Your overflow is merely there to get water out of the tank and into the sump which is the filtration and to answer you question on the skimmer you'd have to give more information like water volume and what is in this tank

A tang and a clarkii clown and a few small inverts: small carpet long tentacle and group of brown polyps. Hubby wants a long nosed dotty hawkfish. That will be all the fish a 30 gallon can handle i believe

I know. But i cant afford a big tank yet.

Geeez. Im a firefighter we don't make a lot and I've been through a lot and really have always wanted one. I love him so much!

One day! One day!

I will have half an ocean in my house;)

What about a 75g tank? Lots of deals to be had on craigslist. You could get really lucky and spend like $300-$400 and have something really really nice. :)

I may soon...( my hubby got me this one for Christmas ) he has no clue and prob didn't know to go bigger. I showed him the deals on craigslist.... He was kicking himself. It would be fun..... Syphon all 30 gallons out..... Rearrange a new live rock cave.... And watch my new buddy sunlight twirl an twirl.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom