Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-08-2012, 03:00 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
JohnnyBlaze816's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2
Skimz Skimmer Question

I just purchased a 122 external. I have an issue with the height of my sump and cabinet. My cabinet is too short to raise the skinmer The outlet standpipe is 12 1/2 inches High approx. My sump wall is 17 1/2 I need to raise the outlet pipe 5 inches. I had two thoughts. Add an external pump on the outlet to push the water up and over the sump wall with a ball valve on after the outlet of the external pump to control the back pressure and flow. The other thought would be to put a larger diameter pipe on the outlet. Both ideas require additional PVC fittings. Where can I buy some 45 degrees, tubing 6 feet and 90 degree elbows from you if not where can I purchase some in the united states? I cannot find the +GF+ fittings anywhere. And I am looking for some feedback on the two ideas two customize as well....

Thank you,

Sean Orr
JohnnyBlaze816 is offline   Reply With Quote


Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

» Photo Contest Winners

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.