Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-18-2004, 11:55 PM   #11
ok I put my hand in the tank towards the cleaner and it ran away, yet in the store it jumped on the employees hand right away. It better be shy. And quarryshark, when you said it was out for good, you mean that in what way? They were gone? Or were they out in the open?
Old 12-18-2004, 11:58 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
I'm sorry. I meant they were visible (not shy)...lol

quarryshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 12:08 AM   #13
About your sandsifting starfish, is it really efficient at sifting the sand and how big is it and how big does it get? Do you think I can keep one in my tank.
Old 12-19-2004, 12:17 AM   #14
Old 12-19-2004, 10:52 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic
your tank will not support a sandsifting star. many LFS's and online fishstores will say otherwise. mine just starved to death after about 3 months. they are hard to target feed. i am going to go with a few nassarius snails to work the sand.

i have found that every new animal i put in the tank takes a while to get used to its new home. even corals take a few days sometimes to open up. our clown is just now starting to swim around all levels of the tank and we have had him about a month. hopefully your ph and salinity were very close to the LFS. cleaner shrimp are pretty sensitive to aclimation but very hardy after that

good luck
steve r
75g RR. 2x250 14k MH / 2x54 T5 act. 29g sump. ASM G1X skimmer. phosban reactor. 80lbs LS, 90lbs LR, 2x seio M620.
kole tang, bicolor angel, mandarin dragonette, ocellaris clown / BTA , cleaner shrimp, 2x peppermint shrimp, a variety of soft, SPS, and LPS corals, orange linckia star.
steve r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 02:40 PM   #16
I woke up this morning to find him on the opposite side of my tank. He isn't moving around right now but he is moving in the stationary position that he is in. Before, he was kind of frozen unless I put my hand near him. Now at least I can tell he is alive.
Old 12-21-2004, 12:43 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Regular
Mine stayed in a crevice for 2 days. Then ate voraciously after that and was always in the open.
DeepCutta720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 01:55 PM   #18
He is still scared. When I put anything near me he runs away until he can find a cave to hide in. However it's not scared of the clownfish and neither are the clownfish scared of him, at least that's good to see.
Old 12-31-2004, 10:33 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Regular
Send a message via AIM to spongeynip

everyone keeps only one of these. anyone know if keeping a pair is easy?
And I know its off topic, but I've heard cases of coral Banded Shrimps attacking o clowns. I am planning on getting one, should I reconsider?

Before you do it, remember, its only legal in 48 states...
Visit my site at spongeynip.sp.funpic.org/2.0.9/phpBB2
spongeynip is offline   Reply With Quote

clean, cleaner, cleaner shrimp, rim, shrimp, skunk

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com