skunk clown behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chris stevens

Aquarium Advice Regular
just added a pair of pink skunk clownfish. smaller one is eating, larger one is not. they both seem to be healthy, swimming around as normal, no visible signs of infection. only suspect behavior is his tendency to hang out at the bottom rear corner of the tank for short stretches away from the smaller one, and the fact that i can see his feces (white, stringy). feeding frozen brine and flake...any suggestions? should i swap him out at the lfs? could adding an anemone help? (i believe there was an anemone in the lfs tank) water parameters are all normal.

chris stevens said:
the fact that i can see his feces (white, stringy). feeding frozen brine and flake...any suggestions?
Stop feeding brine and flake if you can help it. The brine is not the best thing depending on the source and flake is of little nutritional value. Most likely the clown has a bacterial infection (more likely) or an internal worm (less likely). In either case I would start lacing the foods with garlic extract at each feeding for the next while and set up a QT tank if you do not already. More than likely the clown will need treating.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/showquestion.php?faq=2&fldAuto=17

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom