Sleeper Goby MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KLehman72

Aquarium Advice Regular
My Golden Head Sleeper Goby is MIA and I simply cannot find him. I know he burrowed a lot but is it possible he died in the sand bed? I don't want stir my sand too much but I'm concerned he died and the possible ammonia spike if he rots in the tank. Any advice?

Do you have a clean up crew that could have taken care of the remains if he died? Otherwise you may have a valid concern with him being under the sand.

i dont know what kind sandbed you have but you most likely don't wanna go mucking it too much, but if it were me, after this long I would start looking for him. This only holds true if it was a smaller type tank, I don't know if i would ripping my 125g tank apart looking for a fish. LOL Not that i wouldnt think about it.

I also would be on guard with that sand sifting star. they eat from the sandbed and if they run out of food they will dig down and die under the sand.

I'd still try to find him though, at least give it a go. he may be hiding so well you've missed him. Or you could find him at least then you won't have a spike.

let me know how it turns out. I'm hoping he's just being elusive! Good luck

Back
Top Bottom