Sleeping Clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarred Darque

Aquarium Advice FINatic
O. Clowns, Have 2, one of htem sleeps on his side the last few nights, looks fine during the day, just as active as the other, eats plenty, looks great, is he just weird and me overlyworried?

IME most clowns will stay very still propped up against rock/glass or lay on their side during sleep. As long as no visible signs of sickness are present and it's active during the day I wouldn't worry about it.

haha yeah they are.

Sometimes I put my finger up to the tank and teh will follow it all around hte tank. Other times they just sit in one spot and look at me like Im stupid. And then I feel that way. :(

Mine will go to the corner of the tank, and the bigger of the 2 will push the smaller one up and down the corner wall while the little one is sleeping. Almost like a game.

Once they are both asleep they basically lay on top of each other in the corner with very little wobble movement.

In the day, If I come within 3ft of the tank, the 2 clowns will follow me around thinking I am going to feed them. It's funny when I'm trying to look at something up close, the clowns will swim right in my face as if to say "Look At Me!, I'm Here!"

-TheChad

Reminds me of a porcupine puffer I once had...any time you entered the room he would dart to the front of the glass and follow you around the tank like a little puppy, looking at you with those big blue eyes and little smile on his face!

The porc puffer at the LFS is like that. I miss my puffers...dont have the tank size for any med-large species, and and dont have the open tnaks for any more species only tanks

Back
Top Bottom