Small Brown toast creatures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rdang

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a bunch of small creatures that are shaped like pieces of toast. They are the size of a pin head. They spend their time in the left front corner of my tank. Anyone know what they are?

Attachments

• image-455188098.jpg
    image-455188098.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 124
  • image-604494426.jpg
    image-604494426.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 114
You probably cannot see them in those pics.

Bump

There is too much blue to be able to see anything. Could you try using just the camera flash? Often that is good enough to light up some things very well.

They're small. Maybe to small for my iphone5

Attachments

• image-3075819472.jpg
    image-3075819472.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 80
Ok, you can see the brown spec here. It's shaped like a piece of bread/toast. They're brown and have a teeny tiny tail. I just saw one move. It turned like a slug.

Attachments

• image-468605037.jpg
    image-468605037.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 86
Ok, you can see the brown spec here. It's shaped like a piece of bread/toast. They're brown and have a teeny tiny tail. I just saw one move. It turned like a slug.

Flatworms but I'm almost positive they are not the bad ones.

Look like flat worms. If they bad, kinda depends. If they are just on the glass, probably just algae eaters and might die off. If they show up on coral then you will have to treat or get a fish that eats them.

Hard to tell. Most likely some kind of flat worm. Check out an Acoel flatworm, that's one possibility.

I found a pic of them on line. This is what mine look like.

Attachments

• image-2479269623.jpg
    image-2479269623.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 70
I read that a six line wrass could get rid of them possibly?

All I have is live rock in my tank right now so no corals are in danger yet.

100% sure flatworms! They will multiply.... FAST!! The best fix I found was my six line wrasse! Now one of my favorite fish I have!! I tried the stuff that kills them, it worked, for a week! I suggest to invest in a six line!

Ok sweet! I was going to get a six line wrasse anyway. I'll just get one as my first addition instead of a hifin/pistol shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom