Small emergency

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hondatek

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I came home from work today to find my floating glass thermometer sitting on the bottom of the tank . There is a peice of glass missing from the top. I don't know if my puffer tried to eat it or what happened.I can't find the peice in the tank what should I do about that ? Also is there anything harmful that could of got out of the thermometer ?

So I came home from work today to find my floating glass thermometer sitting on the bottom of the tank . There is a peice of glass missing from the top. I don't know if my puffer tried to eat it or what happened.I can't find the peice in the tank what should I do about that ? Also is there anything harmful that could of got out of the thermometer ?

Well, depending on the thermometer there could be Mercury. I had something similar happen, where somehow sand got in my thermometer, and it was at the bottom. Good luck!

There is no mercury in the thermometer. The fluid is alcohol and the beads are just steel balls.

I just received news from another forum about thermometers. A Mbu puffer bit into a thermometer and died. Maybe it thought the thermometer was food?

Just when I stopped worrying . He thinks everything is food he is a puffer. It's all good got a plastic one for back up. but did it say how long after it ate it the fish died?I haven't got the glass yet?

Back
Top Bottom