Small overflow??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Z

zacdl

I would love to have a sump, but the idea of a big overflow makes me not want one. Do they have any small ones besides that $44 one?

Zacdl,

Overflows are very easy to make yourself and are very simple systems. Using two Lee's Specimin containters, a drill, some silicon glue and some other materials will alow you to easily make one.

Do you mean past the tank in the back? From the back of the tank to the back of the overflow box you need about 5-6 inches.

You would have to look around but i dont think so the one i have is a little bigger than that i think...

Its $45 for just the overflow...

Isnt there a DIY version that is pretty small?

Im sure there is but by the time you buy of the hardware....youll come cloe to that price....it all depends on what you make it out of.
just so you (ive priced it...just for the plumbin stuff for an overlofw...your look at atleast $10-15
Im all about DIY but I dont have the time and prefer an overflow made in acrylic....easyer to clean and looks nice.

Zac... out of curiosity... why do you need one that's only 2-3 inches?? That's not even enough room to have a PVC riser tube that will allow sufficient water flow down to the sump. I'm afraid for something that small, you'd have to DIY it. :?

Yea but its a $45 overflow...

There has got to be a cheaper way.....

have you priced other overflows? the CPR is at least $65
other then that I wasnt able to find anyone sellin just the overflow without the wet/dry system
do a search for DIY overflows... google it :)

Back
Top Bottom