Small Yellow Tang and Small Regal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium Advice Activist
How would a small yellow tang and a small regal tang in a 48" long tank work together for a period of 6 months or so?

b/c i have a small regal in my tank in right now, and I was thinking of adding a small yellow for a half year or so to eat my green hair algae...i would then trade in the yellow.

Well there are animals that would do a better job than the Tang and you could avoid the probable conflict.
A Lawnmower Blenny would do a great job.

I would hate to get rid of a fish myself after caring for it so long... go with another algae eater if you can.

I want to purchase a lawn mower blenny i have head a lot of good things about them but I don't have a lot of green hair alage in my tank will they consume other types of alage are they scavangers? Are they coral safe? please let me know thank you. Also what about a Goby does anyone have FAQ on them?

Some will consume other types of food, but be sure you see him eat at the LFS before bringing him home, this is very important. Some have been known to starve because they refused to eat in captivity. I have one and he eats anything I put in the tank.
If you have no or little algae, you can substitute seaweed sheets (nori) on a clip for him and they are definately reef safe.
What type if goby do you have in mind?

I'm not sure which one it is but its almost multi colored I'm looking for it now at http://liveaquaria.com/ I'm not sure which on it is though maybe you have some idea. I know they have it at my LFS though. Also can I keep more than one star fish in my tank I have been told both I can and Can;t right now I have a chocolate chip star and I am looking into a Red Sea Stat to add a little more color. Let me Know thank You!

You could add a small serpent star, but I would stay away from any Fromia star. You already have the CC and for a 65 that is enough IMO.
Just checked out your profile, that Yellow Tang will out grow your system eventually ......also IMO.
As for the Goby, what do you think about the Neon? Cool little guys. :)

Yea I like those but it isnt waht I am looking for and as for the yellow tang I think it will be fine it is about 5 inches right now and still has ample room to swim around in my tank is 36" long 18" wide and 36" high I think not sure about the hight. As for the goby it looks kind of like a frog fish almost with green and purple on it...

Back
Top Bottom