Smell from protein skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ricksreef

Aquarium Advice Addict
Any ideas on handling or reducing the smell from protein skimmer in room?
I empty the cup and clean it when it gets half full but my wife still can detect the smell from it in the room.

Clean it out more often? That stuff is stinky for sure, especially for those that don't care for that "natural odor"!

This isn't how to fix it, but how to mask it... One of those in- wall febreezes that go off every hour or two?

It's funny I can't smell it unless I take the collection cup off and remove the top and my wife says it makes the Room stink lol

needmorecowbell said:
This isn't how to fix it, but how to mask it... One of those in- wall febreezes that go off every hour or two?

i wouldn't do that even the slighstest mist could enter the tank and kill everything

I have an in wall air freshener and my fish have had no problems with it. I very seriously doubt the small amounts of fragrance in the room could harm marine life

RYANLAWRENCE said:
I have an in wall air freshener and my fish have had no problems with it. I very seriously doubt the small amounts of fragrance in the room could harm marine life

your right but if enough of a stray mist went into the tank etc. im over cautious with that stuff better safe than sorry

Clean the cup everyday. Mine doesn't smell unless I take off the lid. But it still try to clean it daily.

Back
Top Bottom