Smell!! Please help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chris-Nicol

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys!! I accidentally spilled about 2g of water when I was doing a water change! I tries to clean it up but it's been a couple of days now and the carpet STINKS!! does anyone know of a good way of helping get the smell away? I've tried disinfectant and air freshener but its not working! Help please!!

Chris-Nicol said:
Hey guys!! I accidentally spilled about 2g of water when I was doing a water change! I tries to clean it up but it's been a couple of days now and the carpet STINKS!! does anyone know of a good way of helping get the smell away? I've tried disinfectant and air freshener but its not working! Help please!!

I've spilled wage but never had that issue howevrt I would sugjest picking up the resolve with that oxygen stuff in it make all the dirt of the carpet raise to the surface.

It may not be dry and your getting mold place a fan near the area let it blow across also you can use an elec. heater set on low after it feels dry pour some baking soda on the spot just before bed time. let it sit overnight in the morn scrape up what you can then vac. you may need to do this a few times the pad holds a lot of water even if the carpet feels dry kneel on the spot and see if your knees get wet.

I flooded my sump and spilled several gallons into the carpet, I had to use a carpet shampooer to suck up all the water.

Also left a fan blowing on the carpet for a couple days.

Back
Top Bottom