smoothound sharks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pYrOmAnIaC

Aquarium Advice Regular
i was wondering if smoothound sharks just sit on the bottom doing nothing or if they will actually swim around

well i found out that smoothound sharks will sometimes school with leopard sharks and they are bottom dwellers so i assumed that they just cruise along reefs and act just like leapord sharks. if you want pictures of the smoothhound shark i suggest you just do an image search in google for them.

Smoothhound sharks usually grow to a maximum 150 cm but is usually around 100-120 cm. They are about 35 cm at birth.

They will eat crabs, lobsters,shrimp, sometimes cephalopods and small bony fish like eels.

oh and i just found out that they will sometimes swim in mid-waters.

First, you better have a huge tank. Second, if you put a leopard shark in also, i will wait for you to report its death. Leopards grow to nine feet and they need their space. Just because smoothhound sharks are smaller doesn't make them suitable. What is your tank size? What is your filtration? Infact, if you answer these questions, i can probably make a shark suggestion. Do not buy these great creatures yet, if ever.

Duaumun, I think pyro is just researching at this point. The only context in which leopard sharks are mentioned is that smoothhounds act like them.

well, i guess i was a little rough there. Ok, maybe a lot rough. It just seemed like it, especially after his first two posts. Sorry about that PyRo, forget i said anything! :oops:

Back
Top Bottom