Snail problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

X the Outsider

Aquarium Advice Freak
In my 29 I've tried 4 turbo snails, and all four have died. I went into the LFS, and told them my first two died. The guy asked me if I had used coppersafe, and all about my parameters. I did use coppersafe two months ago, and I've donw many water changes since then. The two I bought the other day died laying on their shells. And it's always been within twenty four hours.

So today I went into another place, and asked them what I should do. They said the first place had to be wrong, because my shrimp is fine, and has molted twice. They said turbo's are bad, because they die if they fall on their shells. Well I didn't buy any more snails with the exception of two nassarius snails, and they are fine.

My salinity is 1.023
PH=8.4
Ammonia=0
Nitrates=40 (water change Sunday)

I think turbo's are a bit large and clumbsy knowing over corals and frags. Out of the following I have/had cerith's did the best and lived the longest.

Bumble bee
Nassarius
Astrea
Trochus
Turbo
Nerite
Maragarita
Cheap ebay snails

I thought Astrea and Turbo snails were the same thing. They do seem to fall and not be able to get up pretty frequently.

Back
Top Bottom