Snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kopitar

Aquarium Advice Activist
Today i woke up and noticed i had a trochus snail flipped over.. I was kind of surprised cause i always thought they were capable of flipping back on their own without help ? First thing since he was super close to the glass i used the magnetic flo and fliped him over on his feet..

The weird part is next i come back an hour later and noticed he's flipped over again but this time hes getting eated by a bumble bee snail and a nasarius snail... That was so weird to watch.. Is it commun for bumble bee or nasarius to eat other snails ?? And do trochus usualy flip themself back over??

I've had this happen, but with a nerite snail. It was strange since other nerite snails would fall, but manage to get back up. A few days later I found a huge hoard of nassarius snails fighting over the dead snail. It's perfectly normal and they're just doing their job.

Yea nassarius snails love dead things. Just watched a show where an army of them raced up to the beach to eat a dead fish, was disturbing to see snails attack a carcass

Back
Top Bottom