Sneaky little suckers......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quarryshark

Aquarium Advice Addict
After adding the last batch of rock almost a year ago, I found another mantis is my tank last night. This one shortly after one of my cleaner shrimp and fire shrimp disappeared. Hmm coincidence................
Guess its time to break out the trap again.
Though I got them all last fall, they are smart elusive little creatures.
:roll:

Good luck catching him! It must have come as quite a surprise to find one after so long a period of thinking that you'd managed to catch them all!

I think I'd hold off replacing those shrimp for now!

This is not the type of information I wanted to see.

I know I have 3 mantis shrimps in my 55 tank. I almost caught the largest the other day. Had it in a rock outside the tank but had a heater issue and had to put the rock back in the tank to avoid cooking the rock. I have seen 2 other small ones.

I currently have 2 traps set.

Good luck to you!!

I've heard about adding lobsters into the tank to kill the Mantis Shrimp. My roommate got rid of his Mantis this way, and swears that it works. Anyone know anything about this method?

I've heard about adding lobsters into the tank to kill the Mantis Shrimp. My roommate got rid of his Mantis this way, and swears that it works. Anyone know anything about this method?

Depending on the species, many lobsters are fish eaters and between a small lobster and a mantis....my money is on the mantis. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom