snow flake moray eel questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

e-cat

Aquarium Advice Addict
hes only eating mysis shrimp and cocktail shrimp right now, know of any other foods that he might like, he doesnt want krill.

I was gonna get one at my LFS but they warned it might attack my fish/inverts. They said they sometimes feed there eels small feeder fish, squid, and anything else live if they don't eat frozen

Mghslowell said:
I have had my snowflake for about 4 months now and he loves the frozen brine shrimp he eats right out of my hand.

Does he try to eat/kill anything else if you have crab/snails/fish?

on one occasion he caught my wonderful clown , so i grabbed him and the clown went free ., that little bastid, but im sure he ate a damsel or 2 , but the important fish are safe in thier anemones. He also ate a cleaner 3 cleaner shrimp. but i feed him and the rest of the fish and invertebres abot every 3 days with frozen brine shrimp.

jamal-188 said:
Mghslowell said:
I have had my snowflake for about 4 months now and he loves the frozen brine shrimp he eats right out of my hand.

Does he try to eat/kill anything else if you have crab/snails/fish?

mine killed all the crabs that came with my live rock and i sold my cleaners before he got them, my hermits are alive still and so where my snails untill the trigger went in the tank, from what iv read they are arnt piscovores and there main diet in the wild are crustations and that all crustations will become food.

you might want too add some thing else too the diet then just brine shrimp and its advised againt feeding them from your hands as there near sighted and might bite your hand and there bite is hard and infect easily.

i gave my snow flake some octopus today and he stuck his head out of the water about 2 inches too get more, id say that the octopus is his favorite food.

Mghslowell said:
. but i feed him and the rest of the fish and invertebres abot every 3 days with frozen brine shrimp.

If you start feeding him stuff with a little more substance, he will quit
eating his tankmates...or cut down on it considerably. If that is all you
are feeding him, he will slowly starve to death.

Back
Top Bottom