snowflake and crabs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AusAaron

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys. Well. Yesterday I thought I would catch some crabs from down the beach to see how they would go in my tank. Acclimated them for ages to get the temp up slowly.. looks like they would be keepers. Fed fish while adding them. All good. Then BANG.... satan my eel flies out of the rock and chomps all there up in seconds :/ but lives in same cave as my little hermit and doesn't touch him.. Weird

Oh well. I now know where to get a treat for him every now and then

I mean did you not think it was going to happen. I would have given it a 100% probability. The hermits are protected by their shell.

melosu58 said:
I mean did you not think it was going to happen. I would have given it a 100% probability. The hermits are protected by their shell.

Yeah true. I wasn't too fussed either way to b honest. Atleast now I know not to buy any descent crabs or lobsters from the lfs. Instead just collect them from the beach and sit back and watch. And yes.. I was thinking it was a high probability and now know. But thanks for your input. yes looks like hermits are the go

crister13 said:
A decent sized lobster would be fine. I have one with a black edge moray and they do great.

Kewl. Sounds like an option. I'll look into it when my other tank is up and running

:( looks like Nemo might of been lunch too. Female ditched him for a nem now he seems to b gone

Back
Top Bottom